Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Object (External) for EXCEL

Dear All:

I am facing a problem now, hope you guys can give me a help,
thx.

I've got a excel vba program, used some external vba object lib.
(i.e. not default given by Excel), and just wondor does it had
any methods to install this excel template to another machine
without intsall the external component again. (e.g. just like
VB program, once compile the program source, third party
component will included into the program).

Since i think i have no chance to find out the installer of that
component back, so, really some way to do so.

Your help would be appreciate and thanks a lot for you guys
reading this. : )

best regards,
vb_bv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

As far as I know, no, and VB programs doesn't encapsule components either,
you'll have to enclose the external dll's and ocx'es in a Setup file. Which
brings us to setup files and also law; you need a license (for VB or
similar) to redistribute those files. But of course, you mya be lucky and
the user may already have the thing installed. Which component are you using
?

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"vb_bv" skrev i melding

Dear All:

I am facing a problem now, hope you guys can give me a help,
thx.

I've got a excel vba program, used some external vba object lib.
(i.e. not default given by Excel), and just wondor does it had
any methods to install this excel template to another machine
without intsall the external component again. (e.g. just like
VB program, once compile the program source, third party
component will included into the program).

Since i think i have no chance to find out the installer of that
component back, so, really some way to do so.

Your help would be appreciate and thanks a lot for you guys
reading this. : )

best regards,
vb_bv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately no. You need to ship the component with
your workbook separately and may also need to registister
it too on the target PC.

Also, if the object library is not yours, then there may
be a licencing issue.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
[...]

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Patrick:

thanks for your advice and sorry that i still have some question
about your advice & would like your help...

Since i remember that i had used a third party software called
'true DB grid', and wrote a program by VB6.0 with this 3rd party
component and after I compile this VB program, and then just
install this .exe into another machine, and just found we can use
the DB Grid within the VB application without install the 'true db
grid' software from my that machine so just thinking about the
same thing on VBA program.

and so, just have some confusion, is that some of software is allowed
to doing so, and some is not...

But anyway, really thanks you both guys advice, thx a lot.

Best Regards,
vb_bv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.componentone.com/products...1&ProductID=67
It's a $400 license. But then (quote) "Applications developed with True
DBGrid Pro 8.0 can be distributed with no run-time royalty fees." I don't
believe there's a difference between VB6 and VBA in this matter.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thx Harald Staff, & Patrick this forum and people helps me a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add, I believe Office VBA runs in design mode and needs a design
license rather than a runtime license - if a license is required. I am
going on what I have seen posted in the past, so if someone has more
definitive information, please correct me.

Tom Ogilvy

"Harald Staff" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Just to add, I believe Office VBA runs in design mode and needs a design
license rather than a runtime license - if a license is required. I am
going on what I have seen posted in the past, so if someone has more
definitive information, please correct me.

Tom Ogilvy

That applies to some of the Microsoft controls such as the
Microsoft FlexGrid and its a function of the licensing of the
control licensing. If you have either VB6 Professional
or the Office Development edition there's no problem
as design licenses for those controls are included.

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, Keith

Thanks for the information. I love and use Office's ability to run code in
design mode a lot, but never realized that those were two different
states/licenses for the components.

Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Tom, Keith

Thanks for the information. I love and use Office's ability to run code in
design mode a lot, but never realized that those were two different
states/licenses for the components.

Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

The state is set in the registry , the actual dll
is the same in each case.

Keith