Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error accessing external object property XVALUES

Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:

Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......

My code is very simple:

ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
string(l_engine) //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.

Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.

Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.

Any help would be gladly apreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's an XY or Line chart that doesn't already have valid data for the
XValues or Values (such that the series is not plotted), you may get this
problem. Set the series to a column or area type, manipulate the XValues and
Values, then change back to XY or Line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"sergio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:

Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......

My code is very simple:

ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
string(l_engine) //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.

Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.

Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.

Any help would be gladly apreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 6, 8:05 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
If it's an XY or Line chart that doesn't already have valid data for the
XValues or Values (such that the series is not plotted), you may get this
problem. Set the series to a column or area type, manipulate the XValues and
Values, then change back to XY or Line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
_______

"sergio" wrote in message

oups.com...

Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:

Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......

My code is very simple:

ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
string(l_engine) //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.

Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.

Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.

Any help would be gladly apreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, for your help. I have already found the answer myself. The
syntax is right what is wrong is the amount I was passing in the
column. Excel has columns limited to no more than 256 and rows no
more
than 65,536.

The error occurred when I tried to put a value on column 257+, So I
change the way we save input the data into excel from columns to rows
which has more space (65,536),

Thanks anyways, hope this will help somebody in the future.

Sergio