Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ramkumar_cpt

Default Unable to set the XValues property of the Series class

Hi

I have one sheet. It contains some charts. I want to put the
XValues use macro. But I am unable to run this macro. I got error as
Unable to set the XValues property of the Series class.("Run time error
1044"). Anybody can help me?

My macro code is:

ActiveWindow.Visible = False
Windows("FullTemplate.xls").Activate
Range("I22").Select
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1031").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
*ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues =
Worksheets("MonthlyData").Range("B2:B5")*
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values =
"=MonthlyData!R2C5:MonthlyData!R30C5"

Note: I am using Line chart. Pls help me.

Thanks in advance.

Ram.

--
ramkumar_cpt
ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28673

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Are you sure that was where the code failed.
This line looks the more likely candidate.

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values =
"=MonthlyData!R2C5:MonthlyData!R30C5"

try changing the references to,
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=MonthlyData!R2C5:R30C5"

Cheers
Andy

ramkumar_cpt wrote:
Hi

I have one sheet. It contains some charts. I want to put the
XValues use macro. But I am unable to run this macro. I got error as
Unable to set the XValues property of the Series class.("Run time error
1044"). Anybody can help me?

My macro code is:

ActiveWindow.Visible = False
Windows("FullTemplate.xls").Activate
Range("I22").Select
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1031").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
*ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues =
Worksheets("MonthlyData").Range("B2:B5")*
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values =
"=MonthlyData!R2C5:MonthlyData!R30C5"

Note: I am using Line chart. Pls help me.

Thanks in advance.

Ram.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ramkumar_cpt

Hi,

Andy. yes that is my mistake. Now i have corrected that error. But
again i got the same error as Unable to set the XValues property of
the Series class.("Run time error 1044"). Pls help me?

This time my coding is:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1030").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
*ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues =
"=MonthlyData!R2C1:R30C1"* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values =
"=MonthlyData!R2C2:R30C2"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues =
"=MonthlyData!R2C1:R30C1"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).XValues = "=MonthlyData!R2C1:R30C1"

--
ramkumar_cpt
ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28673
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487902

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ramkumar_cpt

Yes Andy. My cell has contains no value. it is empty. so what?

--
ramkumar_cpt
ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28673
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487902

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

As a test put some values in the empty cells and try your code. It
should work.

Once you have established the problem is empty cells you can experiment
by populating the first empty cell and seeing if the code still works.

Then you need to update your code to check the status of empty cells and
put something in them temporarily so your code runs. Then clear those
cells when finished.

Cheers
Andy