Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using Macro in excel spreed sheet

Dave:

I test this macro and it only delete the NA but not 0,
any idea? example

A B C D E
0 NA 0 NA 0
0 NA 0 NA 0
0 NA 0 NA 0

after that 0 still there, thank you.

Lillian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah but I saw Tom's solution--it was prettier than fixing that long formula.

Lillian wrote:

Dave:
This line .NumberFormat = "General is pretty helpful,
thanks.

Lillian
#2). I need to deleted any column from R to EE,

but\0
not
column S column, then delete EF column, I know EF
column
is outside of range?

#1). I need to deleted the column if is empty,

also
any
of column as "0" and "NA" need to delete as well.

thanks for all the help.

Lillian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used Tom's code (dated: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:27:36 -0500) against your data and
it wiped out all the columns.

First guess why it didn't work for you: That code expects 0's, NA's or empty
cells in row 1 to the last row of the worksheet. Hit ctrl-end to see if that
lastrow is where you expected it.

Second guess: Are those 0's the results of calculations? Could the be very
small numbers that look like 0's when they appear in the worksheet (either via
the numberformat of the cell or by the width of the column)?

Try clicking one of them and looking at the actual value in the formula bar.

--

Dave Peterson

.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave:

If I use my real data and it work, it wipe out O
column, if I use the test data it won't work, I don't
know why, as you said I hit-end, it went to last row, and
I look at format cell is general.
Thank you so much.

Lillian

Lillian wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave:

That's Ok, the real data is working that is most
important, you have been help me so much.

thanks again.

Lillian

Lillian wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, Dave:

I have another VBA would like to ask your help.
I have one excel spreed sheet, it have three worksheet,
they are sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, in each worksheets on
the column B each row has real long file directory,
example:
J:\files\docfiles\amaya01\demand.mcp.wpd, all I need is
last file name: demand.mcp.wpd, it means I only need
the file name after the last slash "\", all the column B
has different rows of file name another example:
j:\FILES\DOCFILES\Civil Service\CS-SUBIA\OLGA.SRP, all
I need is OLGA.SRP file name, so can we write the macro
removed everything before last slash "\".

SO this macro has be in the loop for
sheet1,sheet2,sheet3.
thanks for the help.

Lillian