Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel/visual basic

1. I have a workbook with several worksheets, and would
like to creat a back button so that when I am looking at
my diagram wooksheet I am able to return to the previous
worksheet. I am not sure what the code would be enable to
do this, do you?

2. I would like to some how keep updated records on how
particular items are performing on a daily basis, is there
a way to flag a cell that has been updated on that
particulare day and keep track of the info in an
inconspicuas way so it is not shown on the main
worksheet.

I hope my questions make sence and someone can help me
with them..............

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Activesheet.previous.Select

Perhaps using the workbook level SheetChange event. (if changes are made by
users).

If you share the workbook under the Tools menu, Excel will build a history
for you. See help for details.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mara" wrote in message
1. I have a workbook with several worksheets, and would
like to creat a back button so that when I am looking at
my diagram wooksheet I am able to return to the previous
worksheet. I am not sure what the code would be enable to
do this, do you?

2. I would like to some how keep updated records on how
particular items are performing on a daily basis, is there
a way to flag a cell that has been updated on that
particulare day and keep track of the info in an
inconspicuas way so it is not shown on the main
worksheet.

I hope my questions make sence and someone can help me
with them..............

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That code (Activesheet.previous.Select) will take me one worksheet ahead
not to the previous worksheet I was on "last worksheet". Can you help
me with that?
Ex: I have links on worksheet1 that will direct me to diagrams in
worksheet 6 but want the command button on worksheet6 to take me back to
the location I started at which would be worksheet1, in this case.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if I have in the tab order Sheet1 Sheet2 Sheet3

and I have Sheet2 as the active sheet,

Activesheet.Previous.Select selects sheet1.

If you want to select Sheet3, then it would be Activesheet.Next.Select

You must have a different definition of Previous than Excel.

With either, you get an error if you try to select a sheet that doesn't
exist.

Tom Ogilvy