Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems from changing from Excel 97 to Excel 2002 (Office 97 to Office XP)

We have got an Excel/VBA application working very well with Excel 97:
in dropdown boxes, we were able to double click an item in a dropdown
box to select it using OLEOBJECTS. As we change to Office XP (Excel
2002), one problem occurred: now, the very same action wouldn't be
able to select any item from the dropdown box, and there was NO error
message at all. It seems that the program, for some unknown reason,
skips the OLEOBJECTS. Any one has the similar experience or knows the
back-end of Excel 2002? Is there any change in terms of OLEOBJECTS
from Microsoft when their upgrading from Excel 97 to 2002? Thanks all!

..InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, " strSection =
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(""OurList"").Object.List(Ac tiveSheet.OLEObjects(""OurList"").Object.ListIndex ,1)"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What your code shows is adding code to a procedure. Not sure what that has
to do with the problem described. Unless you are placing your combobox
dynamically, there really shouldn't be a reason to write code dynamically to
get the selection.

Tom Ogilvy

om...