Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with a User Input Form

Just want to say up front that this user group is very helpful and
supportive and has been an invaluable resource for me as I learn excel
programming.

My current challenge is to develop a user input form that would pop up from
a command button on the active worksheet and prompt the user to input up to
13 different numbers for the day. Once the form is filled out the user
would then press an "Accept" command button and the numbers in the form
would then go assigned cells in the active worksheet.

I'm able to put together the form and command buttons, etc., but cannot
figure out the way to have the numbers in the form go to specific cells on
the active worksheet.

TEA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm able to put together the form and command buttons, etc., but cannot
figure out the way to have the numbers in the form go to specific cells on
the active worksheet.

If you don't mind the contents of the cells appearing in the TextBoxes
when the UserForm is shown, you can use the TextBox's ControlSource
property, e.g. Sheet1!A1. Or you can put code behind the "accept"
CommandButton, e.g.:
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = TextBox1.Text 'or
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = TextBox1.Text 'or
ActiveSheet.Range("A1") = TextBox1 'or
ActiveSheet.Range("A1") = TextBox1.Text

HTH,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks,

but the problem with this is that as you input data into the form, it goes
straight to the worksheet and can't be undone. I should have stated this
earlier, but one of the purposes of this form is to give the user a chance
to review the data entered before accepting it and sending it to the sheet.
So the form acts as a kind of "data buffer".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

. net...