Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Prompt user for input and utilize that input

I've been reading previous posts, not found what I need and am worried about
a new task I've been assigned. I need to prompt a user for a worksheet name
after the user clicks on a button and when the name is entered, it will be
entered on the sheet tab, in cell A1 of that worksheet and into a cell on a
summary sheet located in another part of the workbook.

I have no idea where to start and I'm not a programmer.

All help is desperately needed!
Ninner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can create a macro in a module, such as the following, and assign it to a
button:

Sub UseButton()
Dim InString As String
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Application.InputBox("Enter file
name here")
Range("A2").Select
End Sub

The button, when clicked, displays the message "Enter file name here" and
returns the user input into cell A1.

Dave

"ninner" wrote:

I've been reading previous posts, not found what I need and am worried about
a new task I've been assigned. I need to prompt a user for a worksheet name
after the user clicks on a button and when the name is entered, it will be
entered on the sheet tab, in cell A1 of that worksheet and into a cell on a
summary sheet located in another part of the workbook.

I have no idea where to start and I'm not a programmer.

All help is desperately needed!
Ninner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Dave!

Though not being a programmer, I'm not sure this is the only code I'd need.
Once the sheet is named (I gather that is done with the
"Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Application.InputBox("Enter file name
here")" and the name put in A1 of that sheet, what puts the same name in the
1st blank cell in column A on the summary sheet (another worksheet in the
came workbook)? Will I first have to search for a blank cell on the Summary
worksheet and then insert the string (which I gather is Application.InputBox)?

Ninner