Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Recalculating block of cells

Daniel.

I think it might be wizer to review your formulas.
Generally sheets taking this long to compute have a few design
flaws. Fixing those may dramatically reduce calc times.
(my guess = under 1 minute per sheet)

If you want email me a zipped version to address below
I just may be able to solve the bottleneck(s).

keepITcool

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote:

I have a large Excel file that takes two and a half hours
to recalculate, and any one sheet can take up to 15
minutes to recalculate. Is there any way to recalculate
just a block of cells, or as anyone written a macro that
could do this?

Thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Compress it with WinRAR with option set to Maximum compression..
that generally brings it down to <10%.

Else rip out some data or duplicate sheets.
(but indicate what you ripped)

Mailbox accepts 3Mb. And have ftp with 10mb free.
Contact by mail pls.

keepITcool