Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default BLOCK CELLS FROM BEING EDITED

I have a spread sheet where I need block the values of certain cells from
being edited by my team. At the same time I would like them to have the
rights to edit most of the other cells in the spread sheet.

Could anyone throw some light on how we can do this.

Prasad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled.

It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet is
protected.

FormatCellsProtection is where you would change the "locked" or "unlocked"
status.

Then ToolsProtectProtect Sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP