Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default importing data from Access...

How could I write VBA code in Excel to get data from
Access.. is it possible to also have the code search the
first column of the Access database and return only a
particular field from the resulting search (and import
this into Excel)?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Before you buy a book, check out the following page on my web-site:
This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table and add data to it,
* select data from a table,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

Also:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...SqlRequest.zip

It's in the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

This workbook demonstrates how to get data direct from an MS Access table,
or from an open or closed MS Excel workbook using the workbook function
SQL.REQUEST.

Recently updated to show the use of SQL.REQUEST in the same workbook.

The code is open and commented.

--

Regards
Andy Wiggins

"mike" wrote in message
How could I write VBA code in Excel to get data from
Access.. is it possible to also have the code search the
first column of the Access database and return only a
particular field from the resulting search (and import
this into Excel)?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out this site for example code Mike
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac

Post back if you got problems

--
Regards Ron de Bruin