Jon_h2

Default Importing Data from Access

Hi,

Apologises if there is a thread relating to this else where, just could find
it.

I am having problems when I import data into Excel 2000 from Access 2000 and
hope someone can help.
The data appears in my workbook but I am unable to use any lookup on this
unless I F2 and enter on each cell. As the table I'm importing contains
20,000+ rows this is taking some time to complete.
I have tried copying and pasting, using the new DB query wizard in the Data
menu, and formatting the both sets of data to General, Text, etc but nothing
seems to work!
Any suggestions would be greatly received,
Jon
Michael

It sounds like you might have both numbers and text that look like numbers in
your table. Try entering 1 in an unused cell, copy, then select all your
data and paste special - multiply. It might work.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Jon_h2" wrote:

Hi,

Apologises if there is a thread relating to this else where, just could find
it.

I am having problems when I import data into Excel 2000 from Access 2000 and
hope someone can help.
The data appears in my workbook but I am unable to use any lookup on this
unless I F2 and enter on each cell. As the table I'm importing contains
20,000+ rows this is taking some time to complete.
I have tried copying and pasting, using the new DB query wizard in the Data
menu, and formatting the both sets of data to General, Text, etc but nothing
seems to work!
Any suggestions would be greatly received,
Jon

Jon_h2

Thanks Michael,

The Data is a mixture of number and text within each cell (e.g H1234) as
well as number only cells which I probably should have mentioned - sorry.
Your suggestion worked for the mixed number/text cells but it caused the
number only cells to square.
Is there any way to prevent this happening or filter the data into 2 columns
1 with number/text and 1 with number?