Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to read sheet of currently opened workbook

Hello,

I'm trying to write som VBA code (in Access) that will read the contents of
an excel file. It's a web query, so I can't just open it normally. The
excel file reloads data every 60 seconds, and I want to transfer that into
Access, so I need to have Access read the file that's opened (not saved -
actually, I could create a function in Excel that saves every 59 seconds,
and then just keep reopening it from Access, but I'd prefer a direct read
from the opened file).

Any ideas on how to connect to the currently running Excel process with VBA?

Thanks,
Bodi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Afraid not. Never looked at it and never done any Access programming.

It would however be fairly simple to have an Ontime command running to write
your Excel data to an Access table every minute and have Access look at
itself. I would have thought that was an easier way around.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

able.rogers.com...