Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
emcphee

Default Read-only access by SHEET (not workbook). Is it possible?

Hi -
I have a workbook with about 15 separate sheets, for 15 PMs. Is there a way
that I can give read-only access to the workbook with the EXCEPTION of the 1
sheet that belongs to a specific person?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Only with Excel 2003 or above.
Otherwise, it could be tough. Here's some code:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=33
And one idea on how to force the user to enable macros so your code above
will work as it should:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=578
THIS IS NOT FOOLPROOF!! Use it only for low-level security.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"emcphee" wrote in message
Hi -
I have a workbook with about 15 separate sheets, for 15 PMs. Is there a
way
that I can give read-only access to the workbook with the EXCEPTION of the
1
sheet that belongs to a specific person?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
emcphee

Thanks Anne!

I do have Excel 2003, and I did set up password protection in each sheet.
However, once the individual unlocks the sheet, it remains open unless they
"re-lock" it. Is there a way that I can make the sheet automatically lock
again once it's exited?

Thanks in advance,

Eunice

"emcphee" wrote in message
Hi -
I have a workbook with about 15 separate sheets, for 15 PMs. Is there a
way
that I can give read-only access to the workbook with the EXCEPTION of the
1
sheet that belongs to a specific person?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

You'll need VBA in your Worksheet_Activate (for all worksheets, I assume)
and on Close that checks if the sheets were protected and, if they weren't
to protect them. You would really do much better in the Excel VBA newsgroup.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"emcphee" wrote in message
Hi -
I have a workbook with about 15 separate sheets, for 15 PMs. Is there a
way
that I can give read-only access to the workbook with the EXCEPTION of
the
1
sheet that belongs to a specific person?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

You're welcome!