Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default shared workbooks - protected worksheet - insert rows

....or if there is no way that I can use my insert rows
macro without having to unshare the workbook...does anyone
have any other ideas about how i could tackle this problem?

Thanks kindly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See one reply at your other post.

"mika." wrote:

...or if there is no way that I can use my insert rows
macro without having to unshare the workbook...does anyone
have any other ideas about how i could tackle this problem?

Thanks kindly.

I'm in quite the fix. I'm using XL2000 and
1. I have a shared workbook
2. ...that I want certain data protected
3. ..but I also want users to be able to insert rows.

2 and 3 together are not a problem because thanks to
someone's suggestion, I insert rows via a macro where the
macro first unprotects the data, then reprotects the
correct data. 1, 2, and 3 is a problem since when a
workbook is shared, you can't unprotect data and thus I
can't do 2 and 3 if the workbook is shared.

Is there anyway I can use my insert rows macro without
having to unshare the workbook?

Thanks so much.
.

--