Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you insert & delete rows in a protected worksheet?

Does the answer below work in Excel 2000? I go to Tools|Protection|Protect
Sheet but the only options I have are Contents|Options|or Scenarios.

Thanks in advance!
Tiffany G.
From: Dave Peterson 8/7/2008 10:40 AM PST
In xl2002+, you can let the user insert/delete rows on a protected worksheet.

Under Tools|Protection|protect sheet (xl2003 menus), there's a couple of
options
that can be checked.

loulou wrote:

I have a worksheet protected, cells locked, and password protected. Other
users have access to this file and need to be able to insert rows and delete
rows. However, they are having trouble deleting rows. Is there a way to fix
this or is it more trouble then it is worth? I am trying to protect my
formulas I have worked so hard on.

Any help will be useful

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does not apply to versions earlier than 2002.

Must use VBA

Sub insertrows()
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", userinterfaceonly:=True
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP