Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Allow Insert Rows in a protected worksheet

In the Protect Sheet dialog in Excel 2003, I check Insert Rows ("Allow all
users of this worksheet to:"). I enter and confirm a password. The
worksheet is protected, but Inserting Rows is disabled. What am I missing?
--
Best,
Andrew-K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably not missing anything - there are several options available in that
dialog that don't actually work once the sheet is protected. Or at least not
the way you'd think they would.

But this is one that actually seems to work for me. You might try this to
see if it helps:
Unprotect the sheet and choose 1 row, any row, and unprotect that row (with
row selected; Format Cells and clear the [Locked] checkbox in the dialog).
Now do your protecting again and see if you can't insert a new row, if you
can, I believe you can then once again unprotect the sheet, set that row's
property back to [Locked] if you want to and then insert/delete rows option
will/should still work for you.

"andrew-k" wrote:

In the Protect Sheet dialog in Excel 2003, I check Insert Rows ("Allow all
users of this worksheet to:"). I enter and confirm a password. The
worksheet is protected, but Inserting Rows is disabled. What am I missing?
--
Best,
Andrew-K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Make sure you can use the command against the same selection with protection
off. One reason you might not be able to insert rows is if you are in Group
Mode with another sheet protected.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire