Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert/ Delete rows of a protected worksheet.

Hi All,

In my requirement I have to lock top 5 rows of the worksheet and the Cloumns
starting from AA to the last column, so that rest of the cells remains
editable to me.

I got sucess in doing so. With this another problem entered..
now I am unable to Insert / Delete the rows on Right Click...

Can any body please help me??
Or have any other alternative for doing this.

Please let me know for further clarifications.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using xl2002+, there's an option to allow the user to insert rows on
that tools|protection|protect sheet dialog. (I think all the cells in that row
will have to be unlocked, too.)

If you're using xl2k or below, maybe you could provide a macro that would
unprotect the sheet, do the insert and then reprotect the sheet.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Your quick response is much appreciated.
I am using Excel 2003.
I must admit that all the cells in a rows are not locked. First few are
unlocked and the rest are locked. its a mixture of both.

Is there any solution on this?