Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FLOATING BOX

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

Actually, split windows sounds like the solution you want. Split them
horizontally and then make the low portion small and scroll to the data
you
want displayed. Unfortunately, you can't both freeze and split. The
only other would be to make your window a window (not maximized) and then
do
Window, New Window. Take the new window and position it under the first
window, size it and scroll to the area you want to display.

Ok. I prefer the statusbar option, but tell me, if I used, in case of the
value change of the cell, this will continue to change in the status bar?
My problem is not programming, it's knowledge of VBA, i don't know the
objects, i don't even know that they exist. I guess, once I get use to all
objects, my questions will end.. sorry about all the questions..

Fernando
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
How we can do a box, floating box, displaying information from the
bottom of worksheet, without interrupting the user entry... only
displaying???

need help

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

how about using the status bar with code

Application.StatusBar =

or you can split windows. Window = Split from the menu.

It isn't totally clear what you want to do, so hard to say.

Tom Ogilvy

"Fernando Duran" wrote in message
How we can do a box, floating box, displaying information from the
bottom of worksheet, without interrupting the user entry... only
displaying???

need help

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I never used the status bar, but it is a good idea.. split windows, not,
the other solution was to freeze a part of the screen, but is already
frozen at the top, and the information to be display is at the bottom,
i'm talking # of ctna, pieces, subtotal, taxes, etc, that is the type of
information i want to put at the eyes of the user. As it's right now,
they have to go to the bottom of the page to see it....
Did you get the idea?

Fernando

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

ho,w about using the status bar with code

Application.StatusBar =

or you can split windows. Window = Split from the menu.

It isn't totally clear what you want to do, so hard to say.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

right click on the sheet tab,
Select view code

Select the worksheet, then calculate event from the dropdowns at the top of
the module

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Application.StatusBar = me.Range("B9").Value
End Sub

or if it would only change based on user entry, use the change event.

Tom Ogilvy

"ilopango" wrote in message
.. .