Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr-Re Man

Default Floating Key

I would like to create a floating key that allows users to view a simple drop
down box that shows them what task they should be inputting on a worksheet.

The drop down box needs to be visble on opening and float at the top of the
worksheet like a toolbar can.

Then the user can click the drop down button and a list of 20-30 tasks will
appear with a code that can used to fill in the spreadsheet.

eg. in the dropdown box will be:-
1. Open Mail
2. Frank Mail
3. Filing
4. Plan Printing

They'll know No.4 is for plan printing and add that code number to a cell.

I was going to put the key at the top of the worksheet but as I have frozen
some rows and columns, this key would disappear.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

Any ideas?,

You could create a list of your tasks on a spreadsheet and then use the
"Watch Window" to display them.
See Tools | Formula Auditing | Watch Window.
Also read Excel help under "Watch a Formula"

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA