Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Floating Cells

This is a suggestion.

I would like to select a range of editable cells to float on top of my
worksheet. This should allow me to work on two areas of the spreadsheet at
once. For example, I could add to my drop-down list options without having
to leave the part of the spreadsheet I'm working on.

This is not the same as freezing the panes or splitting the screen. It
should be an editable snapshot of a different place in the same worksheet.
It should allow me to see information that is otherwise hidden when filtered.
It would float on top of the main worksheet and I could move it around the
screen without disturbing the area I'm working on. Editing in the floating
screen would edit the actual spreadsheet cells it is floating. I could still
edit the main worksheet even when I'm using the floating screen.

This could be used when working on a huge spreadsheet. It could also be
used to create a legend to explain font color and cell shading.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,
that suggestion has been turned in AND supplied already.
on the excel tool bar click windownew window. resize second window. select
sheet/range for first window. select sheet/Range for second window. reselect
and resize as needed. float the widows as needed. you can also do side by
side.
regards
FSt1

"eppersbl" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I'm trying it out...and it almost works. I'm sure
I'm missing something....maybe you can let me know what I've done wrong.

I am able to resize the second window (which is exactly what I
need...thanks!) but, I can't keep that resized window on top of the other
worksheet. The resized window disappears when I click on the main worksheet.
When I do a side-by-side comparison, it shrinks the main worksheet and
stretches my resized worksheet to fill the bottom window.

Any idea how to keep the resized window on top of the fully opened main
worksheet? Thanks!