Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last Save Date & Time

Ruan,

You need a VBA function:

Function LastSaveTime() As Variant
LastSaveTime = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save
Time").Value
End Function

Then, call this from a worksheet cell with =LastSaveTime() .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ruan" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible to display the "Last Save Date and Time" of an Excel

workbook
to a specific cell?

Thanks
Ruan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip,

The function below doesn't seem to work on my machine with Excel 97 !?
I can see the "BuiltinDocumentProperties" property for Thisworkbook -
I geta run time error 5.Do I need to alter the argument "Last Save
Time" ?

Cheers,
Jason.

"Ruan" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible to display the "Last Save Date and Time" of an Excel

workbook
to a specific cell?

Thanks
Ruan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ruan,
You would have to run a macro from ThisWorkBook,
you can see an example of such a macro with that and
a bit more in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm
---
HTH,

"Ruan Walters" wrote in message ...
Thanks Chip,

The only issue I have is that the function you gave me displays the
"Save Time" after I press <enter on "=LastSaveTiem()". After that the
cell doesn't refresh when I save the Workbook again. I have to manually
refresh that cell by editing it and pressing enter to get the Last Save
Time to change.

Am I doing something wrong? I created the Function inside the "Modules"
code window.

Thanks
Ruan