Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XL 2000 Template Wizard - help

I am trying to add a button that causes a template file to update the
database.

Using Excel2000, I created a template (.xlt) that is tied to an .xls
list/database. When you you the template, is create an .xls "data entry"
workbook. When you click the save button on the standard toolbar, a message
box/ dialog comes up called "Template File - Save to Database" with radio
button choices for "create new record" and "continue without updating".

When I try to make a button and code a save, I do not get this message box.
I cannot find a reference to the vb command to cause this update to occur.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a note:
I have been working with Jason and saw that there was a *.xla associated
with his template. As he is using 2k and I have 97, I don't know what this
is, but it is somehow affecting the functionality of his template.

Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks...

--
sb