Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Football League Standing

Hello there,

I am wondering if any one can help me to find an Excel template for
football league schedule and standing, where i can just enter the match
result and its give me the standing of the teams automatically..!!

Is that difficult to find..guess not!!

My Best & Worm Wishes,,

Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/

-- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well I'll do without the 'Worm Wishes' thanks.

This question has been popping up quite a lot recently, and I developed a
simple, but complete, spreadsheet to do just this.

The basic sheet has a number of teams in a grid format, team names in rows
and column headings. You just put the scores into this grid, and then if you
switch to the League Table sheet, positions are automatically calculated and
sorted into ranking order.

It adds a small menu to the Tools menu, to add and remove teams, and to
refresh the results.

If you would like a copy, please mail me directly, so that I get your
correct email address, and I will gladly send it to you.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"abds2000" wrote in message
Hello there,

I am wondering if any one can help me to find an Excel template for
football league schedule and standing, where i can just enter the match
result and its give me the standing of the teams automatically..!!

Is that difficult to find..guess not!!

My Best & Worm Wishes,,

Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/

-- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

don lloyd ] has an Excel application that he has
developed to schedule fixtures and record results. I've only had a brief
opportunity to try it out but I think it will do what you want.

Regards

Trevor

"abds2000" wrote in message
Hello there,

I am wondering if any one can help me to find an Excel template for
football league schedule and standing, where i can just enter the match
result and its give me the standing of the teams automatically..!!

Is that difficult to find..guess not!!

My Best & Worm Wishes,,

Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/

-- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, abds2000 ( a real name would be nice )

Apologies for the delay in responding - I've been out of touch for a
few days.
I will shortly e-mail you a copy of an Excel Fixtures/ Table program -
please note that the Standing Table only works for fixtures that have
ben set up by the program.

Regards,
Don
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Don,
I really appreciate your will done work, it's easy to work with and
very useful, i have some queries want to ask:
1-I tried that template with Spanish Liga, i entered the teams names
and the dates of each fixture as the official one, in the fixture list
it's gave me different result !! not like the official one.
My question is: Is there any way i can edit the fixture list?
2-Can i edit this template in general, like: the font,background,colors
?
I look forward for your kind help, especially in No.1 because it's 'll
be useless to me if i can't do that.
Regards,
Abdullah

<<by the way.. i tried to e-mail you but i got undeliverd msg. its
seems you got too much in your inbox..:)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Abdullah,

I'm not sure why your (second) e-mail failed - spam gets through
without any trouble:)

If I understand you correctly, you seem to to be trying to use the
program with an established fixture list.
I'm sorry but as I said earlier, it will only work with a fixture list
generated by the program itself. There are literally thousands of
different fixture combinations.

With regard to formatting, proceed as follows at your own risk!

Hold down the Alt key and press the F11 key - this will show the VB
editor screen. Click the Tools menu, then click Macros, then find and
run the macro called ResetMenus.

This will show a standard Excel screen, complete with menu Bar and
standard toolbars. (for the current session only).

Hope that helps a bit.

Don.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OB1 OB1 is offline

Could someone please send this spreadsheet to me, as i am trying to do
something similar.

I'd be most greatful

pls send to

and also to