Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic screenshot in Excel

Hi Folkz.

I do have a really huge Excel-file with several sheets.
I already did a lot of macro-programming.

What I do need now is an automatization of making/generating
screenshots of a sheet through macros.

Manually you would hit the "Print" Button on your keyboard an paste it
from the clipboard into mspaint and save the picture on your HDD. So
how can I do this automatically without having a person to do it?

Any suggestions?
I really appreciate your input!

Thx, so long
Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

start customizing your toolbars..

you'll find the Camera in Tools category...
drag it on a visible toolbar and experiment.

it'll make a picture AND/BUT it'll keep the picture updated..
have a look... it can be just what you need :)

keepITcool

(Jan K.) wrote:

Hi Folkz.

I do have a really huge Excel-file with several sheets.
I already did a lot of macro-programming.

What I do need now is an automatization of making/generating
screenshots of a sheet through macros.

Manually you would hit the "Print" Button on your keyboard an paste it
from the clipboard into mspaint and save the picture on your HDD. So
how can I do this automatically without having a person to do it?

Any suggestions?
I really appreciate your input!

Thx, so long
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

keepitcool,

Thanks for this info - BUT -
I tried it out and it works great if the Zoom is at 100%. Reduce the Zoom
and the image text starts getting distorted.

steve

(Jan K.) wrote:

Hi Folkz.

I do have a really huge Excel-file with several sheets.
I already did a lot of macro-programming.

What I do need now is an automatization of making/generating
screenshots of a sheet through macros.

Manually you would hit the "Print" Button on your keyboard an paste it
from the clipboard into mspaint and save the picture on your HDD. So
how can I do this automatically without having a person to do it?

Any suggestions?
I really appreciate your input!

Thx, so long
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hey...

don't complain. you wanted a suggestion :)

is it a nice tool or what?

also
'this puts a emf on the clipboard
Sheets(1).Range("a10:d10").CopyPicture xlscreen, xlpicture
'this a bitmap
Sheets(1).Range("a10:d10").CopyPicture xlscreen, xlpicture
'this pastes it to 2nd sheet
Sheets(2).paste
'now save the sheet as a webpage.. and you'll have gifs

there's stdole.SavePicture /Loadpicture
but these use stdpicture format and ipictdisp which are different from
excel.picture

now the prob is to find a control which allows pasting (a userform with
an image on it might do it).. then use savepicture to save to disk....
also an imagelist (microsoft windows common controls) may do this..

sorry I'm at the edge of my knowledge here... :(

re zoom distortion:

on my excelXP / winXP i've got no distortion probs.

if you reduce zoom, excel will swap to a different font
(smalle.fon or smallf.fon depending on dpi setting)
but that's a general issue not related to camera.

it will stretch on resize..
but you can lock the shape to prevent that

greetz & nice weekend

keepITcool

"steve" wrote:

keepitcool,

Thanks for this info - BUT -
I tried it out and it works great if the Zoom is at 100%. Reduce the
Zoom and the image text starts getting distorted.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only symbol I could
find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you suggest besides
reformatting the font.

"steve" wrote:

keepitcool,

Thanks for this info - BUT -
I tried it out and it works great if the Zoom is at 100%. Reduce the
Zoom and the image text starts getting distorted.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, now my ignorance is starting to show...
how do I enter this to make it work?

steve

"keepitcool" wrote in message
steve..

thx :) for the symbol = squareroot hex 221A..
reasonable alternative & available in all (unicode) fonts

keepITcool

"steve" wrote:

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only symbol I
could find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you
suggest besides reformatting the font.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

steve :(

do it via excel/insert/ symbol
select a normal font arial/tahoma...
in the dropdown (bottomright) select unicode
now type the code 221a in the charcode box.
now press insert then close

...s/b on the formula bar now.
select it THERE and press [ctrl]+C to copy then [ESC]

then tools/autocorrect etc

keepITcool :)

"steve" wrote:

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only

symbol I
could find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you
suggest besides reformatting the font.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guess I should have mentioned that I am using Excel97.
No Insert Symbol available.

Thanks for trying...

"steve" wrote:

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only

symbol I
could find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you
suggest besides reformatting the font.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thanks for rattling my cobwebs. With Windows 2000 there are a lot more
characters in the map for standard fonts.

Got it to work just fine using Ariel. (Probably can get it to work with
most fonts).

As always - you come through...

steve

"steve" wrote:

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this

group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only
symbol I
could find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you
suggest besides reformatting the font.

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Win 98 SE, Excel 97, I can't do it with the character map - I have to do
something like

Activecell.Value = chrw(8730)

Tom Ogilvy

keepitcool wrote in message
steve,

you slime :) ... giving Tom the credit... for my solution :(

just kidding!!!, but I DID mention charmap in my original post, which
was in a different thread though :)

autocorrect will insert the lettercode, not swap fonts.
and the squareroot char is included in all standard (opentype)
fonts distributed with ms products since win98 I believe.
(Arial, Tahoma, Verdana Courier New etc)

keepITcool

"steve" wrote:

Tom,

As always - you come through...