Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default Automatic screenshot in Excel

not complaining... you have put some great stuff into this group.
You show a novel way at looking at the problems. Refreshing!
just commenting.

Also - liked your checkmark idea (autocorrect). but the only symbol I could
find was in a different font (wingdings). So what do you suggest besides
reformatting the font.

steve

"keepitcool" wrote in message
hey...

don't complain. you wanted a suggestion :)

is it a nice tool or what?

also
'this puts a emf on the clipboard
Sheets(1).Range("a10:d10").CopyPicture xlscreen, xlpicture
'this a bitmap
Sheets(1).Range("a10:d10").CopyPicture xlscreen, xlpicture
'this pastes it to 2nd sheet
Sheets(2).paste
'now save the sheet as a webpage.. and you'll have gifs

there's stdole.SavePicture /Loadpicture
but these use stdpicture format and ipictdisp which are different from
excel.picture

now the prob is to find a control which allows pasting (a userform with
an image on it might do it).. then use savepicture to save to disk....
also an imagelist (microsoft windows common controls) may do this..

sorry I'm at the edge of my knowledge here... :(

re zoom distortion:

on my excelXP / winXP i've got no distortion probs.

if you reduce zoom, excel will swap to a different font
(smalle.fon or smallf.fon depending on dpi setting)
but that's a general issue not related to camera.

it will stretch on resize..
but you can lock the shape to prevent that

greetz & nice weekend

keepITcool

"steve" wrote:

keepitcool,

Thanks for this info - BUT -
I tried it out and it works great if the Zoom is at 100%. Reduce the
Zoom and the image text starts getting distorted.

steve