Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems designing userforms

Problem 1
I made my userform deeper, and I wanted to shuffle everything down to
make way for a new field. I selected all fields and dragged them down.
However this had the effect of duplicating everything even though the
Undo menu said "undo move" after the operation

Problem 2
I can't find any consistency in how "align" works. If you have 4
higgledy piggledy arranged vertical fields and you want to say left
align everything to the one that's second from the top, do you highlight
that one first, followed by the rest, and then click align, or doesn't
it work like that
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike

For problem 1. I have had that problem as well. I believe it usually comes
down to my having done somethhing spastic and made it copy rather than drag.

For problem 2. I believe the controls align with the last control you
selected.

Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,
Regarding #2:

You select all controls, then choose the action.

When you select several controls, resize handles appear on each of the
controls selected. The handles on the last one selected are a different
color than the rest. The other controls will be modified to match this one.
On my installation of Excel 2002, the "primary" handle color is white,
while the others are black. If you Align Left, all selected controls will
align to the primary control.

If you drag to select a group of controls and the wrong one ends up being
primary, hold down Crtl while twice clicking the control you want to make
primary - once will remove it from the selection, the second will add it
back as the last selection (but avoid the double-click which will take you
to code). Ctrl allows you add individual controls to a selection in the same
way it allows you to add individual list items to a selection.

Bob Kilmer

"Mike NG" wrote in message
Problem 1
I made my userform deeper, and I wanted to shuffle everything down to
make way for a new field. I selected all fields and dragged them down.
However this had the effect of duplicating everything even though the
Undo menu said "undo move" after the operation

Problem 2
I can't find any consistency in how "align" works. If you have 4
higgledy piggledy arranged vertical fields and you want to say left
align everything to the one that's second from the top, do you highlight
that one first, followed by the rest, and then click align, or doesn't
it work like that
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,
Problem 1

I have to hold down Ctrl to make a drag duplicate controls in Excel 2002. Do
you have Scroll Lock on or something (he guessed, blindly)? You might try
Cut and Paste instead. The group of pasted controls will align to the top of
the form when pasted, but it will be selected and you should be able to drag
the group to the bottom. This might beat the duplication.

You can also copy and paste to a new form, even to or from another project,
if that proves to be necessary.

Bob Kilmer

"Mike NG" wrote in message
Problem 1
I made my userform deeper, and I wanted to shuffle everything down to
make way for a new field. I selected all fields and dragged them down.
However this had the effect of duplicating everything even though the
Undo menu said "undo move" after the operation

Problem 2
I can't find any consistency in how "align" works. If you have 4
higgledy piggledy arranged vertical fields and you want to say left
align everything to the one that's second from the top, do you highlight
that one first, followed by the rest, and then click align, or doesn't
it work like that
--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 at 08:38:58, Bob Kilmer (Bob Kilmer
) wrote:
I have to hold down Ctrl to make a drag duplicate controls in Excel 2002

I'm running XL2000, but you've probably hit the nail on the head there.

I've been hitting control whilst selecting the objects before trying the
move. I guess I must have had the Ctrl key held down while I was
dragging

Thanks to everyone else about the align - for me it seems to be working
on the first item quite consistently now. Either me installing SR-1a
has fixed it, or I've been going mad
--
Mike