Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Designing

I have created a bunch of Macros for formatting and such. Can a Macro be made
to enter text?

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure. Explain a little more though on what you're trying to do.

"Steve COR" wrote:

I have created a bunch of Macros for formatting and such. Can a Macro be made
to enter text?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it's not clear what you're asking to do, but here's a part of a
macro which prompts a user for information and then inputs that
information into a specific cell.

Sub CalculateWACC()
Dim MyString1 As String
Worksheets("Analysis").Range("A1:A7").ClearContent s

MyString1 = Application.InputBox("enter required or expected return on
equity")
Worksheets("Analysis").Range("A1") = MyString1

On Aug 7, 10:32 am, Steve COR
wrote:
I have created a bunch of Macros for formatting and such. Can a Macro be made
to enter text?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub entertext()
Range("d1").Value = InputBox("Enter text")

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Steve COR" wrote in message
I have created a bunch of Macros for formatting and such. Can a Macro be
made
to enter text?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to create a macro that will add two checkboxes Yes "box here" No
"Box here", with a Macros for with the set with the "Yes" checked and a Macro
with the set with the "No" checked, and so on to cover all the possible
combinations. I have successfully, about 5 minutes ago made a Macro to add
both boxes, but I could not change the boxes to have the check in them. I
delved into the VB side of the Macro but do not know what the
handler/switch/whatever it is called to indicate the box should be checked.

Here is the VB:
"Selection.TypeText Text:="YES "
Selection.FormFields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldFormCheckBox
Selection.TypeText Text:=" NO "
Selection.FormFields.Add Range:=Selection.Range,
Type:=wdFieldFormCheckBox"

Basically how do I change: "Type:=wdFieldFormCheckBox" to show the yes box
checked?