Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary Reger

Default designing and linking

I would like to know if there is a site that explains in a little more
detail about best practices for setting up forms and linking them. some of
this is just practice but I have been at this for a month. I read the Excel
2003 Bible but the examples are the same where ever you look. need
additional examples. Yes I know practice, practice, practice, but I am
impatient.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Otto Moehrbach

Gary
Don't pull out too much hair. Explain exactly what you want to do. For
instance, what do you mean when you say "setup forms" and "linking them"?
These are two different things so explain each. It helps if you explain
what you have and then explain what you want to have. HTH Otto
"Gary Reger" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a site that explains in a little more
detail about best practices for setting up forms and linking them. some of
this is just practice but I have been at this for a month. I read the Excel
2003 Bible but the examples are the same where ever you look. need
additional examples. Yes I know practice, practice, practice, but I am
impatient.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary Reger

I would like to make a timesheet for employees to enter their time, have the
information automatically save to a different workbook that is let up as a
list then move each individual company that employee worked on to a
worksheet of it own to keep track of hours, an compare the expense of having
the company to the money we make off them. Working in a single sheet I like
to think of myself as intermediate level.
"Gary Reger" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a site that explains in a little more
detail about best practices for setting up forms and linking them. some of
this is just practice but I have been at this for a month. I read the
Excel 2003 Bible but the examples are the same where ever you look. need
additional examples. Yes I know practice, practice, practice, but I am
impatient.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Otto Moehrbach

Gary
What you are asking for is for someone to develop a complete project for
you. You should contract with a commercial outfit if that is what you want.
If you want to do this yourself, you should just start on it and work to the
best of your ability. As you run into a specific problem that you need help
with, post your problem and question to one of these newsgroups and you will
get lots of help. I hope this helps. Otto
"Gary Reger" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a site that explains in a little more
detail about best practices for setting up forms and linking them. some
of this is just practice but I have been at this for a month. I read the
Excel 2003 Bible but the examples are the same where ever you look. need
additional examples. Yes I know practice, practice, practice, but I am
impatient.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary Reger

Thank you. Sometimes I can only see the forest and not the trees.
I think I will start with creating time sheet.