Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable read only

It's quite possible that a file is set to read only
because of network security settings, or because someone
else has the file open. If you are supposed to have full
access to the file, then you can remove the read-only
setting from Windows Explorer. Right-click the file,
select Properties and uncheck the Read-Only check box. If
you can't do this, then you don't have the permission
required and need to talk to your system administrator.