Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add-Ins Question

I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi CWillis

Are you sure?

It is the last item in the dropdown

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CWillis" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't see it in Excel or Word (both 2002). Neither does a co-worker. That
doesn't mean it isn't there though. Is there anything we could have done to
turn it off or something we could do to turn it on? I have 26 options in my
pull-down Save as menu. The last is "DIF".

"CWillis" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I never read anything about this but maybe Dave have ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CWillis" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never seen it either.

I hate to suggest a re-install, but maybe????

(I was hoping someone who had seen this would chime in.)

"CWillis" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use a little macro to save the file as an addin.

Someone just asked a very similar question and this was my response:

I'd use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim fName As String
fName = Application.StartupPath & "\" & "custom.xla"
With ThisWorkbook
.IsAddin = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
.SaveAs Filename:=fName
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End With
End Sub

Don't store the .xls in that XLStart folder, either.

CWillis wrote:

I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave, that worked. That navigation toolbar is exactly what I needed.
Well, I really need to be able to stack my tabs at the bottom, but this is
the best possible alternative. Thanks again.