Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Add-Ins Question

I'd still look for the solution to the real problem though. Something ain't
right.

CWillis wrote:

Thanks Dave, that worked. That navigation toolbar is exactly what I needed.
Well, I really need to be able to stack my tabs at the bottom, but this is
the best possible alternative. Thanks again.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could use a little macro to save the file as an addin.

Someone just asked a very similar question and this was my response:

I'd use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim fName As String
fName = Application.StartupPath & "\" & "custom.xla"
With ThisWorkbook
.IsAddin = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
.SaveAs Filename:=fName
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End With
End Sub

Don't store the .xls in that XLStart folder, either.

CWillis wrote:

I am trying to create an Add-In following Dave Peterson's steps:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar...100000000#Save

However, I do not have the "Save as type: Microsoft Office Excel Add-In
(*.xla)" option under Save As. I am using excel 2002. Is this available
with this version?

Thanks,
Chris

--