mileslit

Default Possibly a loaded question, but I think

for people with excel experience it may be fairly easy, Im an amatuer
and it is killing me....So maybe I will try to get an answer to the
first question and then ask the others as I successfully resolve this
one....Ok, I am building a small poker placement sheet that has about
10 columns...The columns are Game #, Buy in, Fee, Place, payout,
profit/loss, average finish position, times finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
and 5th...Everything is working well in the first 5 or so columns...I
type in the buy in and it produces the fee, then made an if statement
that produces payout and profit loss based on the place of
finish....Where I run into problems is getting the stats for average
finish..Example, in my diagram I have spots for 30 games, now I want it
to progressively update my average finish after each one I type in and
not after all 30 games are played....as of right now I have the
formula
=average(I11:I40)....This is fine for the finished product of all
games, but it is not progressive...I would like a progressive update as
I go, but I am struggling...Now if you can help me there it is already
greatly appreciated and I dont want to be troublesome but I will go
ahead and ask one more question while here...In the column "Place" I
list the position of finish, either 1,2,3,4 or 5....now I have built
columns to list the amount of times the finish is 1,2,3,4, or 5 but the
problem is I dont know how to progressively extract the result of each
finish to tell the 1,2,3,4 or 5 column to add one for each finish of
that type...I will chop this long winded post off now and look forward
to some expertise on the subject, thanks for your time...

--
mileslit
mileslit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27058

Bernie Deitrick