Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2000 macro not working in Excel 2003

Hi,

I have a macro which runs fine in Excel 2000 but does not run in Excel
2003. Here it is:

------------------
Sub ViewHideZeroToggle()
IsProtected = ActiveSheet.ProtectContents

If IsProtected = True Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
End If

If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Zero Toggle").Value = xlOn Then
ZH = 12.75
Else
ZH = 0
End If

If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Results Toggle").Value = xlOn Then
Res = True
Else
Res = False
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Cell = 4 To 1000
ACell = "A" & CStr(Cell)
BCell = "B" & CStr(Cell)
If (ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value = "Total" And Res) Or
(ActiveSheet.Range(ACell) = "Results" And Not
ActiveSheet.Range(BCell).HasFormula And Not Res) Then
Cend = Cell
For XCell = Cend - 1 To 4 Step -1
ACell = "B" & CStr(XCell)
If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).HasFormula Then
If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value <= 0 Or
ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0 Then
ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" &
CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = ZH
Next XCell
End If
Next Cell

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

If IsProtected = True Then
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

--------------------------------

The error comes at the below mentioned line:

If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value <= 0 Or ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell)
& ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0 Then

------------------------------

The error I get is ...

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch.

-------------------------------

I looked at similar postings on the group before but could not solve my
problem. Can somebody help in solving this problem?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

Check out this website

Should help you.

I pasted it into my excel 2003 and it worked fine maybe are you copying
and pasting beacuse i have heard that impoting from a different version
of excel can sometime skew things to make them not work.

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Zygan,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the macro was written in Excel 2000
and now i am running it on Excel 2003. I checked the site and it
suggest that I upgrade to SP2 which is already there. I still get the
same error. I tried it on Excel 2000 on another computer and it worked
fine. Hence, I am not sure if something is wrong with my install of
Excel 2003 OR something is wrong with the Macro itself. What do you
suggest?

Thanks.
-Hiren.

Zygan wrote:
Check out this website

Should help you.

I pasted it into my excel 2003 and it worked fine maybe are you copying
and pasting beacuse i have heard that impoting from a different version
of excel can sometime skew things to make them not work.

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

I am not really sure on the workings around installing / resinstalling
to make an effect on the program but looking at the code try and break
it down so that you can sort out which part is the real error e.g you
have and if and or command try

If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value <= 0 then
if ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell)& ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0
Then

ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = ZH

END IF
END IF

give this a go and let me know.

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Zygan,

Now the same error comes at the following line:

If ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0 Then

Can you help me figure what's wrong with the above line when we know
that it works with Excel 2000.

Thanks,
-Hiren.

Zygan wrote:
I am not really sure on the workings around installing / resinstalling
to make an effect on the program but looking at the code try and break
it down so that you can sort out which part is the real error e.g you
have and if and or command try

If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value <= 0 then
if ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell)& ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0
Then

ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = ZH

END IF
END IF

give this a go and let me know.

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548520

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

the line looks like ther is nothing wrong with it

do you mind if you try this code what happens
If ActiveSheet.Range(ACell).Value <= 0 Then
ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" &
CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = ZH
end if

does it make the row height 12.5/0 if it does then this it cannot
define/find out wether or not this is true
ActiveSheet.Rows(CStr(XCell) & ":" & CStr(XCell)).RowHeight = 0
try this

ActiveSheet.Rows("" +CStr(XCell) + "":"" + CStr(XCell)+ "").RowHeight =
0

or this (cannot remember which one it is lol)

ActiveSheet.Rows(" +CStr(XCell) + "":"" + CStr(XCell)+ ").RowHeight = 0

if the code up above does not work then it cannot define CSTr and
Xcell

i noticed your code never actually gives them a "starting value" try
giving them a value
CSTr = ...
XCell = ...

or defining them e.g CSTr as .... abd XCell as ... at the start of your
macro

hope this finally sorts it out