tonymitchell

Default Excel Re-calculation 2000 compared to 2003

My company has recently deployed MS Office 2003. The previously deployed
version was Office 2000.

One of our users has an 11MB financial workbook that contains lots of
formula. Mostly of IF, SUMIF and SUM calculations. There are plenty of
links between the 25 worksheets within the one workbook but no links to
other workbooks.

Entering data into the workbook using Excel 2000 is nearly
instantaneous. However entering data into Excel 2003 takes about 15
seconds each time I press enter (or direction key) as the workbook
recalculates each time.
The settings for calculation are identical with calculation =
automatic.

Any idea how I can achieve the same performance in 2003 that 2000
delivers?
The calculation algorithm in Excel 2002 and 2003 is supposed to better
than earlier versions.
I do not want to go to manual calculation as this is seen as a negative
step by the user community seeing that they did not need to do that in
Excel 2000.

--
tonymitchell
tonymitchell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25812

tonymitchell

I have managed to resolve this issue.
Thanks to the article:
The spreadsheet in question contained some 35 thousand SUMIF formula
that were all one cell different between the first and third
arguements!