Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deidre

Default Create a list of text from a single cell on several worksheets?

I am trying to create a list (like summary) of all the comments from a
survey. The comment are all in the same cell (i.e. C70), but on approximatley
140 worksheets.
I would like them all to be listed wihtin my 'summary' worksheet... but
can't figure out how to 'compile' them. Help please.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

try something like

for each ws in worksheets
dlr=sheets("summary").cells(rows.count,"a").end(xl up).row+1
sheets("summary").cells(dlr,"a").value=ws.range("c 70")
next ws

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"deidre" wrote in message
I am trying to create a list (like summary) of all the comments from a
survey. The comment are all in the same cell (i.e. C70), but on
approximatley
140 worksheets.
I would like them all to be listed wihtin my 'summary' worksheet... but
can't figure out how to 'compile' them. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Put this formula in A1 and copy down for your number of sheets........

="=Sheet"&ROW(A1)+1&"!$C$70"

Then, run this little macro........

Sub TextToFormula()
Range("A:A").Value = Range("A:A").Value
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"deidre" wrote:

I am trying to create a list (like summary) of all the comments from a
survey. The comment are all in the same cell (i.e. C70), but on approximatley
140 worksheets.
I would like them all to be listed wihtin my 'summary' worksheet... but
can't figure out how to 'compile' them. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deidre

You'll have to forgive me... I'm a 'relative' novice... certainly have no
programming background. I don't understand your response.
I'd like all the comments (from cell C70) from 141 separate worksheets (all
with different names, not sequencially derived names... "S.A.12":"MC.V.11")
in one place.
I have a worksheet called "Summary", I wanted each response compiled in a
list starting in cell A80 (down to A??... there are are many worksheets
without any comments but there may be ~40 with comments).
Your help is appreciated.
deidre

"deidre" wrote in message
I am trying to create a list (like summary) of all the comments from a
survey. The comment are all in the same cell (i.e. C70), but on
approximatley
140 worksheets.
I would like them all to be listed wihtin my 'summary' worksheet... but
can't figure out how to 'compile' them. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Forgive me.

That is exactly what I sent. Here is a mod that will also
give you each sheet name and start at row 80

Sub copyonecelltosummary()
counter = 80
For Each ws In Worksheets
With Sheets("summary")
.Cells(counter, "a") = ws.Name
.Cells(counter, "b").Value = ws.Range("c7")
End With
counter = counter + 1
Next ws

Don Guillett