Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WRT

Default How to I copy text from a range of cells to another single cell?

Hi
I have set-up my excel work sheet to allow codes (text) to be entered into a
range of cells for the pupose of grading.

EG. Cells A20:A25 allow for a a single number to be entered into ONE only of
these cells, then B20:B25 would have a scoring guide and C20:C25 would have
another marking code in text to be entered into the same row as the number
was entered in A20:A25. This is where I am stumped.

I am unable to copy the entered code (text) from C20:C25 Please be aware
that if the entered number in A20:A25 is 3 (hypothetically) this does not
mean that the code (text) in C20:C25 will always be G (or any other code each
and every time).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
WRT wrote:

I am unable to copy the entered code (text) from C20:C25 Please be aware
that if the entered number in A20:A25 is 3 (hypothetically) this does not
mean that the code (text) in C20:C25 will always be G (or any other code each
and every time).

Then you need to explain how the formula should determine which code
goes in the cell...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WRT

Default How to I copy text from a range of cells to another single cel

Hi JE

OK, I have the following headings;
Assessee's Ratings, Legend/guide, use of equipment
Under Assessee's Rating a figure or 1,2,3,4 or five is entered into one of
the following 5 cells. Legend guide is as it says. Use of equipment has a
one of the follwing codes entered into the row where the numeral in column A
is entered. The letter/code could be ID, G, S, T,or P. The number and the
letter is entered by the assessor.

This is easy, just press the number or letter on th ekeyboard and it
appears. This is at the bottom of the spreadhsheet in the bosy and I want a
copy of these two cells to appear at the start as a summary. Does that make
it more clear?

Regards

Brad