!!!help!!!

Default How do you write 2 lines of text in 1 cell rather than use 2 cells

I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 lines of text in 1 cell
rather than space it out over 2 cells. See below for example if you dont get
it.....

This is what (cell no.1)
I mean. (cell no. 2)

I want to be (cell no.1)
able to do this. (cell no.1)

Please help.....thanks

Anne Troy

Use Alt+Enter to insert a "paragraph return" within a cell.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"!!!help!!!" wrote in message
I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 lines of text in 1 cell
rather than space it out over 2 cells. See below for example if you dont
get
it.....

This is what (cell no.1)
I mean. (cell no. 2)

I want to be (cell no.1)
able to do this. (cell no.1)

Please help.....thanks

George K

I will give it a shot.
Format cell number text
Format cell Alignment wrap text
Two things will happen, the entire row will go to two lines high and the text may fill from the bottom or the top. If you want it to fill the other way then
Format Cell Alignment Vertical Top|Bottom|Center.

Hope it helps.
"!!!help!!!" wrote in message ...
I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 lines of text in 1 cell
rather than space it out over 2 cells. See below for example if you dont get
it.....

This is what (cell no.1)
I mean. (cell no. 2)

I want to be (cell no.1)
able to do this. (cell no.1)

Please help.....thanks

Dave Peterson

And if you ever want to create a formula that does this:

=a1&char(10)&a2

(but make sure format|cells|alignment tab|wrap text is checked)