Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry W

Default Hyperlinks in Excel

How do I disable automatic hyperlinks when entering data in Excel (2000)?
When entering email addresses that I don't want automatically converted to
hyperlinks, I hate having to go back over each one to remove the hyperlink.
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Camilo

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options
On the 'AutoFormat As You Type' tab, clear the check box corresponding to
the 'Internet and network path for hyperlinks' option
--
Hope this Helps!
Camilo

Objective: To help one person each day!

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Please let me know if I've answered your
question or if my post was helpful to you?

"Terry W" wrote:

How do I disable automatic hyperlinks when entering data in Excel (2000)?
When entering email addresses that I don't want automatically converted to
hyperlinks, I hate having to go back over each one to remove the hyperlink.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonathan Cooper

It is under your Autocorrect options.

Tools--Autocorrect options--Autoformat as you type--Internet and network
links as you typel

"Terry W" wrote:

How do I disable automatic hyperlinks when entering data in Excel (2000)?
When entering email addresses that I don't want automatically converted to
hyperlinks, I hate having to go back over each one to remove the hyperlink.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry W

Hi, Camilo! Unfortunately, my version of Excel doesn't have the 'AutoFormat
As You Type' tab. Any other suggestions? The closest option available in 2000
version is a check box, "Replace text as you type." I unchecked it and that
didn't work either.

Thanks for helping out!
TW

"Terry W" wrote:

How do I disable automatic hyperlinks when entering data in Excel (2000)?
When entering email addresses that I don't want automatically converted to
hyperlinks, I hate having to go back over each one to remove the hyperlink.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

If you type these you can precede the enrty with an apostrophe ' and it
won't have an active link, the apostrophe is not visible in the cell

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address