Dave B.

Default bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program

I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature
to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always
open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options File
Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint"
and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look
for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry
from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are
automatically arranged alphabetically by Windows). If so, are there any
suggested workarounds that will allow me to keep my "Edit with..." options
intact, and have the hyperlinked bmp files open with Photo Editor?
Bernie Deitrick

Dave,

If you remove MS Photo Editor using the control panel/add/remove/change,
that will make whatever
is default open the file.

HTH,
Bernie