Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phonedad

Default Moving from cell to cell

I created a spreadsheet that I need to move from each cell that I
havehighllighted. What I need to do is move to other cells... for example,
when I hit the enter key I need to go from cell E1 to B3 to D4 to D5 to B6 to
B7 to B8 then to E8 then G8, etc. I have tried to protect these cells to
move from, chose options, edit and down. These have not worked! Any help or
suggestion would be great!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jordun

Hi
If you have to enter the values according to a given pattern, the only
way I know is to write a sheet event (Vba - macro).
There are several tricks to limit the input range in a worksheet, but
te only way (again, I know) to control the sequence of the input is
with an event.

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530711

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jnu

unprotect these cells, then protect the sheet, when you protect the sheet
select only allow unprotected cells

"phonedad" wrote:

I created a spreadsheet that I need to move from each cell that I
havehighllighted. What I need to do is move to other cells... for example,
when I hit the enter key I need to go from cell E1 to B3 to D4 to D5 to B6 to
B7 to B8 then to E8 then G8, etc. I have tried to protect these cells to
move from, chose options, edit and down. These have not worked! Any help or
suggestion would be great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

One way is to name the range. Select the second cell in your sequence, now
hold down the CTRL key and select each cell in the order you want to go to
them until you and select the first cell last.

Now with the cells still selected click in the name box and name the
selection and hit enter.

To begin entering data in your named range select it from the name box drop
down and the cells will be highlighted. Enter the data in the first cell
and hit enter, you are now in the second cell. Continue till done.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"phonedad" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet that I need to move from each cell that I
havehighllighted. What I need to do is move to other cells... for
example,
when I hit the enter key I need to go from cell E1 to B3 to D4 to D5 to B6
B7 to B8 then to E8 then G8, etc. I have tried to protect these cells to
move from, chose options, edit and down. These have not worked! Any help
or
suggestion would be great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

I should add, there seems to be limit of about 25 cells that you can do this
with. May need to have two or more named ranges.

If so, you could split it up by category of the data perhaps.

Regards,
Howard