Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jignesh Khandwala

Default e-mail from excel when outlook is not in use

I was using Outlook express and now using outlook 2003. Earlier, I was used
to send e-mail from excel by selecting range. The mails were going to the
receipents even if my outlook express was not active or not in use. With
Outlook 2003, when i send a mail from excel 2003, e-mail gets through only if
outlook 2003 is active or running. When outlook 2003 is closed or inactive,
and if i try to send the e-mail from excel, i do not get any error message.
When i open the outlook 2003, that message is found in outbox and on clicking
send / receive mail gets delivered. I need help to configure this operation
as : I want to have :: mail should go from excel even if my outlook is closed
or inactive.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David

Ron de Bruin wrote

Hi Jignesh

Try this

ToolsOptionsMail Setup in the Outlook menu.
"send immediately when connect" in the options.

I've got that option checked in Outlook 2000. I have the same experience as
the OP. Unless I open Outlook, mail is not sent from Excel. Once Outlook is
opened, file appears briefly in Outbox, then gets sent.

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi David

I have OE as my default program to send mail from Office but I see if I see the same problem when I change to Outlook
I post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"David" wrote in message ...
Ron de Bruin wrote

Hi Jignesh

Try this

ToolsOptionsMail Setup in the Outlook menu.
"send immediately when connect" in the options.

I've got that option checked in Outlook 2000. I have the same experience as
the OP. Unless I open Outlook, mail is not sent from Excel. Once Outlook is
opened, file appears briefly in Outbox, then gets sent.

--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Same for me but now I rememeber why I not search for a solution because when you check
"send immediately when connect" it is posible that you get this problem when it is working

It will not close the Outlook process after the mail is sent in the Task Manager

You can search the Outlook groups for a solution

I always use CDO for if I want to do things that OE not can do
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"David" wrote in message ...
Ron de Bruin wrote

Hi Jignesh

Try this

ToolsOptionsMail Setup in the Outlook menu.
"send immediately when connect" in the options.

I've got that option checked in Outlook 2000. I have the same experience as
the OP. Unless I open Outlook, mail is not sent from Excel. Once Outlook is
opened, file appears briefly in Outbox, then gets sent.

--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David

Ron de Bruin wrote

Same for me but now I rememeber why I not search for a solution
because when you check "send immediately when connect" it is posible
that you get this problem when it is working

It will not close the Outlook process after the mail is sent in the
Task Manager

You can search the Outlook groups for a solution

I always use CDO for if I want to do things that OE not can do
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

Thanks for confirming that it is not just me... and for the advice.

--
David