Adrienne

Default General mail failure when sending e-mail from Excel

Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in
Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As
Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit
Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed
Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help
anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't
appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to
send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Adrienne

Adrienne

Thank you for replying. The Send Mail add-in on that website that you
suggested was really neat. It worked wonderfully on two computers that I
tested it on. But, when I tried it on the computer that I cant use native
Send To tool on, it didnt work. After I selected what I wanted to send and
clicked the €œGO€ button on the utility nothing happened. A new Excel message
didnt open up, and I didnt get any type of error message. Also, I can use
Send To tool from Word and Power Point just fine, so it doesnt appear to be
an Outlook problem. Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!
Adrienne

"Adrienne" wrote in message
Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in
Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As
Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit
Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed
Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help
anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't
appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to
send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Adrienne

Ron de Bruin

Hi Adrienne

Look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

I think your problem is numer 2
Please post back if this fix it or not

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Adrienne" wrote in message ...
Thank you for replying. The Send Mail add-in on that website that you
suggested was really neat. It worked wonderfully on two computers that I
tested it on. But, when I tried it on the computer that I can't use native
Send To tool on, it didn't work. After I selected what I wanted to send and
clicked the "GO" button on the utility nothing happened. A new Excel message

"Adrienne" wrote in message
Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in
Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As
Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit
Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed
Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help
anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't
appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to
send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Adrienne

Adrienne

Thank you for the reply Mr. de Bruin. It will be a little while before I
have access to this problem computer again, but I will definitely take the
time to write about the results once I try your suggestion.
Adrienne

"Adrienne" wrote in message
Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in
Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As
Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit
Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed
Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help
anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't
appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to
send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Adrienne

Kobayashi

Ron,

I hope you don't mind my piggybacking this thread but I'm encountering
this very same issue.

Both myself and a colleague have been running this particular code for
2+ years and had never encountered this error. However, I now have a
new colleague and whenever they run this procedure they get this error
message.

I've looked at your site and the WIN.INI file is fine.

What is very strange is that I call 6 procedures in my code, which use
the Sendmail function, and the first 5 attempts are successful (sending
5 different workbooks) but then, for my colleague, this last workbook
just won't send, resulting in the General mail failure error message?

The only difference is that the new colleague has a Blackberry
connected? Other than that I've no idea?

Best Regards,

Adrian

--
Kobayashi