Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jane Makinson

Default delete a macro that isn't in macro list

Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You need to delete the module that contained the macro. Even an
empty module can cause the macro alert message.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jane Makinson" <Jane wrote
in message
Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list
but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know
how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jane Makinson

Thank you for swift reply, but how do I delete the module? I'd created a
simple macro in a workbook then decided I no longer needed it. I have created
a number of new files on from the original and deleted macro in all versions
from macro list but it still seems to be there somewhere. Thanks

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You need to delete the module that contained the macro. Even an
empty module can cause the macro alert message.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Jane Makinson" <Jane wrote
in message
Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list
but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know
how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Open the VBA Editor (ALT+F11). There, display the Project
Explorer window (CTRL+R). You should see your workbook in that
tree view. Open your project's "folder", and look for a
"subfolder" called Modules. Expand that node of the tree view and
right-click on each item in the folder and choose Remove,
clicking 'No' to the "Do you want to export?" prompt.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel