-   -   delete a macro that isn't in macro list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76873-delete-macro-isnt-macro-list.html)

Jane Makinson

delete a macro that isn't in macro list

Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks

Chip Pearson

delete a macro that isn't in macro list

You need to delete the module that contained the macro. Even an
empty module can cause the macro alert message.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jane Makinson" <Jane wrote
in message
Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list
but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know
how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks

Jane Makinson

delete a macro that isn't in macro list

Thank you for swift reply, but how do I delete the module? I'd created a
simple macro in a workbook then decided I no longer needed it. I have created
a number of new files on from the original and deleted macro in all versions
from macro list but it still seems to be there somewhere. Thanks

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You need to delete the module that contained the macro. Even an
empty module can cause the macro alert message.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Jane Makinson" <Jane wrote
in message
Macro no longer wanted, was deleted, and isn't in macro list
but every time
file opened enable or disable macro comes up. I need to know
how to get rid
of the macro. Thanks

Chip Pearson

delete a macro that isn't in macro list

Open the VBA Editor (ALT+F11). There, display the Project
Explorer window (CTRL+R). You should see your workbook in that
tree view. Open your project's "folder", and look for a
"subfolder" called Modules. Expand that node of the tree view and
right-click on each item in the folder and choose Remove,
clicking 'No' to the "Do you want to export?" prompt.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel