Steve

Default Macro to delete pictures ?

I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve
Ron de Bruin

hi

Mayve the name have a space in it ?
See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

Thanks guys,

I went to your link, and I undesrtood the F5-Special-Objects-OK-delete, so I
tried that, and it worked great. However, I also had some macro buttons on
the worksheet that also were deleted ( objects.select). Here's the macro:

Sheets("test").Select
ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Select
Selection.Delete

There probably is info on your link that will delete all objects but my
macro buttons, but I can't figure it out.

Thnaks again,

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve

Ron de Bruin

Hi Steve

You can try

Sub Shapes2()
'Loop through the Shapes collection and use the Type number of the control
Dim myshape As Shape
For Each myshape In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If myshape.Type = 13 Then myshape.Delete
Next myshape

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I surely appreciate your help, but I feel shapelessly looped, because I don't
understand most of the terminology. When I select-all copy the webpage to my
file, in addition to the data I need, it has 3 pictures that it copies. The
tab I'm pasting it to also has 2 of my buttons from the forms toolbar that
I've assigned macros to. I'd like to be able to delete those 3 pictures, but
leave my 2 buttons.

Sorry that I'm so confused.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve

Don Guillett

does this do it if the button name starts with B

Sub cutpictures()
For Each s In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If Left(s.Name, 1) < "B" Then s.Cut
Next

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Steve" wrote in message

I recorded a macro to delete 3 pictures that are copied onto my

spreadsheet
every week. However, when I run the macro, I get a run time error

stating
"item with the specified name not found". Looking at the macro, it

indicates
shapes ( picture 1), shapes ( picture 2), etc.

Is there a fix for this ?

Thanks,

Steve

Don Guillett