Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sumproduct Question

All,

I am using sumproduct to calculate percentages on 3 different levels.
One is a divisional level another Regional and last district....An
example is 83.5% for divisional, 77.3% region 1, 83.2% region 2, 90.8%
region 3. When I average the three regions together I do not arrive at
83.5%; I have 83.8%. This occurs between the district and regional
levels also, and I am perplexed!

All of my counts are correct on each level and I am utilizing the same
exact calculations at each level. Why will the averages be
different???? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Hans