Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cjjoo

Default another sumproduct question

hi guys,

this is my problem:

in a sumproduct function, i want to sum the columns that fulfil four
criterias.

The nagging problem is tat in one of the criteria , i want it to picked
out (from the

assigned column) either " tube " or " patch" but i do not know how to
do it . Can

anyone advise me on this? I came across some sumproduct where people
use

the + sign in a sumpdt function. Can i use it for my case ?

my function: =
(SUMPRODUCT(--(tyre_procure!$E$2:$E$10001=4086),--(tyre_procure!$B$2:$B$10001="Oct"),--(tyre_procure!$J$2:$J$10001="Solid"),--(tyre_procure!$K$2:$K$10001=REPLACE(C7,7,1,"")),--(ISNUMBER(FIND("patch",tyre_procure!$F$2:$F$10001) )),tyre_procure!$H$2:$H$10001))

the problem lies in the criteria colored in red. i wan to make
adustments so that the function will picked out either the word
"patch " or "tube" in column F

--
cjjoo
cjjoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26916

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You could, but this is simpler

=(SUMPRODUCT(--(tyre_procure!$E$2:$E$10001=4086),-
-(tyre_procure!$B$2:$B$10001="Oct"),
--(tyre_procure!$J$2:$J$10001="Solid"),
--(tyre_procure!$K$2:$K$10001=REPLACE(C7,7,1,"")),
--(ISNUMBER(FIND({"patch","tube"},tyre_procure!$F$2: $F$10001))),
tyre_procure!$H$2:$H$10001))

--

HTH

RP

"cjjoo" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cjjoo

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+ shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo
cjjoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26916
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486158

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No, just type them in this case.

--

HTH

RP

"cjjoo" wrote in
message ...

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+ shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo
cjjoo's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486158

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

In this case, copy the whole formula from Bob's message and paste it into the
formula bar for that cell.

(I wouldn't want to type it in from scratch!)

cjjoo wrote:

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+ shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo
cjjoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26916
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486158

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Most of it was already his, all he had to was to replace
{"patch","tube"}
with
{"patch","tube"}

:-))

cjjoo wrote:

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+ shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo
cjjoo's Profile:

View this thread:

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

I thought I was seeing things!

Try and say it properly

cjjoo wrote:

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+

shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo

cjjoo's Profile:

View this thread:

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

That Lagavulin is good stuff :-))

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I thought I was seeing things!

Try and say it properly

cjjoo wrote:

how do i insert the {} brackets? Do i have to insert them as ctr+

shift
+ enter ?

--
cjjoo