PokerZan

Default SUMPRODUCT Question...

I think a quick question here...

I have a rather lengthy SUMPRODUCT formula that I want to leave a blank
cell if the product of my criteria is zero. Is there a way to do this?
It seems to me that I have seen folks post here about a IFISERROR or
something like that, but I thought that was to return a blank in
VLOOKUP #N/A result. This is pretty similar but I can't seem to figure
out how to get it done.

Thanks,

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

Excel_Geek

What if you wrap the formula in an =IF... and if it equals zero, make
the cell "" (two quotes with no space in the middle).

I.e. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(...)=0,"",SUMPRODUCT(...))

--
Excel_Geek

Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399632

MrShorty

Do you need the cell's value to be "" or would an appropriate number
format to hide 0 values be adequate? Something like Format - Cells -
Number - Custom Number format - [format code for <0];;[format code for
0] would leave all zero values appearing empty.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

Domenic

Try custom formatting your cell...

Format Cells Number Custom Type: 0;-0;;@

Hope this helps!

In article ,
PokerZan
wrote:

I think a quick question here...

I have a rather lengthy SUMPRODUCT formula that I want to leave a blank
cell if the product of my criteria is zero. Is there a way to do this?
It seems to me that I have seen folks post here about a IFISERROR or
something like that, but I thought that was to return a blank in
VLOOKUP #N/A result. This is pretty similar but I can't seem to figure
out how to get it done.

Thanks,

PZan

Domenic

Note that the underlying value for the cell will be 0.