Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Default Sumproduct Question

I'm no pro at SumProduct so am not much use there.

But it seems to me that your "Division" average (83.5) is an average for ALL
stores, managers, data, etc.

Your average of the three region's averages is 83.8. This average does not
take into account weighting due to size of region (amount of stores, etc.).

HTH

" wrote:

All,

I am using sumproduct to calculate percentages on 3 different levels.
One is a divisional level another Regional and last district....An
example is 83.5% for divisional, 77.3% region 1, 83.2% region 2, 90.8%
region 3. When I average the three regions together I do not arrive at
83.5%; I have 83.8%. This occurs between the district and regional
levels also, and I am perplexed!

All of my counts are correct on each level and I am utilizing the same
exact calculations at each level. Why will the averages be
different???? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Hans